Leading Edge Anaerobic Wastewater Treatment
Beckart now partners with Econvert of The Netherlands to design and install advanced methods of anaerobic wastewater treatment to reduce or eliminate high-strength BOD and COD in the North American industrial market. Econvert’s engineers have over 30 years of experience designing, engineering, installing and operating anaerobic WW treatment systems in Europe and other parts of the world, including in paper mills and breweries. Their proven designs emphasize waste to energy technology that saves money and creates a resource for manufacturers and industrial customers; the anaerobic wastewater treatment system can continuously convert BOD, COD and sludge in wastewater streams to biogas, which can be subsequently used as a secondary energy source (to run a boiler, for example).
With Beckart’s ability to manufacture and service the systems in the U.S., as well as seamlessly integrate the anaerobic treatment functions with wastewater processes that Beckart has specialized in since 1978 – such as screening, pH neutralization, nutrient management and PLC programming – customers can confidently work with a single source for all system requirements.
Econvert systems feature a vertical design, greatly reducing floor space requirements. In some applications, Econvert anaerobic systems can be retrofitted into existing aeration systems, saving space and reducing energy-related aeration expenses. Aeration expenses and sludge generation are reduced in proportion to the reduction of BOD and COD (typically about 85%-90%). Additionally, biomass accumulated in the anaerobic system’s settlers will often have a saleable value. Contact Beckart Environmental for complete information.
Features & Benefits:
- Full range of sizes to suit variable loads
- Suitable for loads from approximately 660 lbs COD/day or 440 lbs BOD/day
- Individual systems can treat up to 52,000 lbs COD/day
- Modular approach for increasing flows
- Congestion-free influent system
- Gas-tight reactor and recirculation pipe minimizes odor
- Adjustable, independent upflow configurations
- Touch screen control panels
- Pulp & Paper Manufacturing
- Breweries, Bottlers & Beverages
- Food Processors
- Flavors & Fragrances
- Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals
- Tanneries & Textiles